In 2011, registering GailWrites as a trade name was the start of a sole proprietorship initially established for résumé writing. Experience in human resources involved writing job descriptions, so it was a natural progression. Completing a pro résumé writing class through American Writers led to leading résumé writing classes in my community and completing manifold résumés for positions running the gamut from student intern to international CEO. Ghostwriting for websites and blogs began around the same time.
While a full-time project manager for a global mobility company, earning a certification in project management enabled me to get my arms around a job for which there was little training. Leveraging the proficiency gained in business communications, presentations and document design, my next transition was from corporate life to full-time entrepreneurship. Now my days are filled with managing a variety of writing projects. Following an invitation from Reedsy/Discovery, book reviewer was added to my profile.
My propensity to be super organized (to an obsessive degree, some suggest) means I am blessed (or cursed) with a strong attention to detail (an asset or deficit depending on who you ask). In the course of working corporate and solo, it became clear that most people detest some of the projects in which I excel. Here are areas where I can help:
- Résumé development and rewrites; cover letters; LinkedIn profiles.
- Online marketing content; copy for websites/blogs.
- Business documents, including announcements, reports and presentations (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs).
- Bios for graduate students and small business owners.
- Proofreading and copy editing (AP style). Earned a Certificate in Editing from ACES (American Copy Editors Society).
- Process mapping (Visio).
Feel free to reach me using the form below or through LinkedIn